sábado, 20 de septiembre de 2014

SPRING: the season of love?

Many people have been desperately waiting for spring to arrive. Why? Because it is considered to be the season of love; especially September is known as the Month of Love. Now I wonder, why is September considered the month of Love and not July, or January whatsoever? Is it because it has been scientifically proven that if you meet someone in September then he/she will be the apple of your eye forever? Is it because the flowers are blossoming and so is love? Is it a fact that you will find love every September of every year or is it just merchandising?

A few day ago I read an arcticle (the bad thing is that I don't remember where) in which it said that September is the month in which allergies "blossom" along with flowers. Hence, I don't see any romaticism in my allergies! I have to blow my nose every two seconds, then it gets red and irritated. Just suppose you suffer from allergies like me and you are on a date at a fancy restaurant. He is asking you about your hobbies and you start feeling your nose kind of itchy and you can sense that something is about to come out from your nose. (No, not here!) So you open your purse, take out the toilet paper you took from your bathroom (because Klinex could be too expensive) and you blow your nose. WOW! That IS certainly very sexy...and super awkward.

In addition, in the morning you get up early to go to work and there is a cold breeze blowing so you decide to grab a coat before leaving home. However, at lunch time it's 29° ....just inside your office, so under that coat it's like 129°! So, what if you have a date after work? You get to the date feeling terrible because you were cold in the morning and hot and sweaty in the afternoon so you've got a running nose and you shake from time to time and you feel your temperature rising a bit. Besides, you cannot wear short skirts ot T-shirts yet because you still look like a white sheet typical of winter time. Awww how romantic September is!

With all due to respect, in my opinion, the month of love should be July or June so you can celebrate with your special one, cuddling in bed, watching a movie and eating pop-corn 

4 comentarios:

  1. Maiten: I had such a great time reading your post! You are so funny! And let me tell you that I agree with you. Why does it have to be considered the LOVE season if apart from suffering from allergies, and not being able to regulate our body temperature September is the perfect season to have lice!!!!! Of course that´s not romantic at all!! And when you are a teacher at kinder you know that September is THE LICE SEASON! haha!) It is a fact. that as flowers and allergies blossom all animal life too! But I don´t want to make you feel sad with this; I have something more important to add to the whole issue.I believe there is no season for LOVE because LOVE SHOULD BE THE SEASON OF OUR LIFE. So let´s not put ourselves time limits and enjoy this season with it´s drawbacks and everything after all no matter if it is July or December love will be the warmest hug in the coldest winter night and the coolest kiss in the hottest summer! ;)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. hahahahahahaha I cant stop laughing! I loved your phrase !! LOVE SHOULD BE THE SEASON OF OUR LIFE .. lovely! And not only romantic love, but family love, friendship love.. etc etc. THANKS FOR COMMENTING :)

      Eliminar
  2. I found very interesting your post Mai. I think that spring might be called the season of love because spring is a season of flowers and a rose can be a symbol of love. Anyway I totally agree with what you say. The truth is that spring might mean flower buds and blooming trees for some, but not for us. In my case, I hate spring because I have the worst case of seasonal allergy. When everybody is happy and joyful because nice weather has finally come and the nature is waking up, I am miserable. I can't see the wonders of spring because my eyes are itchy and watery. I can't smell the flowers because of the sneezing and the runny nose. I could say that during this season I am reduced to a dirty tissue-toting girl who apparently looks like a walking Kleenex to my drippy little nose-wipers. So yes, I agree with you. Another month should be the season of love. At least my boyfriend and I think so since I don’t think that he might find me very sexy if I have red, watery eyes, runny nose, itchy skin and scratchy throat. I am a real zombie :P

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I really enjoyed your post! Your description is so accurate that while reading I was seeing all of the people with allergies. Personally, I do not have any kind of allergies but Sepotember is not the month I would consider to be the month of love. I actually like some aspects of spring. To watch flowers blossom has alwas fascinated me and to watch birds and animal come out after the winter is lovely. But I agree with you in the fact that, as regards the weather, it is not the best. I love winter and I find it more appealing and more romantic. In any case what Pilar expresses in her comment is the truth: Whenever you can share your time and love with those who have a special place in your heart is the best season (or day, year, etc).

    ResponderEliminar